Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spring Show

Woo, hoo.  I just got off the phone with Simon who is the guy from the city who makes sure all of the ropes are up for the quilt show.  He told me they've been working to make the part beautiful for Sunday the 28th.  He said the grass is lush, the fountain is running and there are spring flowers blooming!
 
So, now I just need to be sure we'll have loads of quilts to make the park even prettier.  Please bring plenty of quilts, even if you've displayed them before...old quilts, new quilts, big and little quilts...we love them all.
 
Barbara will have index cards for you to make a label for your quilt.  If your quilt is for sale please use a colored card.
 
We have some fun vendors planned for this year - new ones as well as those we've had before. Our Victrola guy will be there as well as Pat's band and in the afternoon there will be a dedication for a new flower bed at the park.
 
  • Kathy Sublett has been doing an absolutely fantastic job of advertising the show, so we'll be expecting a large crowd.  You can pick up some flyers from her this week to post or share with friends!
 
As always, I hope each of you is working to ensure we will have beautiful weather.
 
I am always so appreciative to each of you who step in to make this event happen every year, those who volunteer to bake cookies, pass out cold bottles of water, sit at the greeter's table, give out hot coffee, sell raffle tickets, bring quilts, and everything else!
 
Will you do me a favor and encourage our new members to bring quilts and come and enjoy the day!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to make a comment and I will respond back to you via email unless you are a no-reply and then I will respond here on the blog, so check back.

Testing Testing...

 Hello Thimbleweed Quilters. I am conducting a test to see if anyone is even looking at this blog anymore? Would you please email me (Daryl)...